- Certified Tasmanian grown Merino.
- Certified non-mulesed.
- 20.5 micron superwash easy-care Pure Wool.
- Weighing around 200gms pr. makes them substantial socks.
- Machine washable to 30 degree’s c.
- Non-restrictive/ loose tops for comfort and healthy wear.
- Colors range from conservative mixes to bright ‘out there’ combinations.
- Will maintain their shape wash after wash.
- Itch-free and great-looking.
- Warm in the cold, cool in the heat, maintain warmth when damp.
- Made in Tasmania, Australia.
Made on antique sock machines in service since 1928, still going strong. Your feet won’t get too hot or too cold no matter what the day brings. Actually you probably won’t think of your feet at all. You can wear these pure wool socks for days (if you need to) and still be polite to the nose, more importantly to other peoples noses - less washing has got to be environmentally good! Made with sustainable and renewal materials. The health benefits of the loose top can not be understated, even if tight socks don’t annoy you yet, every time you wear them they are undermining your legs vascular health. Will our pure wool Mongrel Socks live forever? Nuh, nope, no way. Nothing surer is that they will wear out but are darnable, we know that's disappointing, but it's true. We leave out the often nasty petro-chemical synthetics commonly used to enhance sock wear time, because of this they won't last forever and nor will they ever be found fouling up our natural environment for a millenium.
Best SocksBy: Karen on 2 August 2016I have brought a few pairs of socks from Mongrel Tasmanis socks. 5 pairs of bamboo socks and 1 pair of pure wool mongrel socks and I love them so much. Great service and they get them in the mail fast. I love these socks and so do my boys so know I need to buy some more as they take mine.
The only good thing about WinterBy: Suzanne on 22 June 2016I absolutely love my mongrels. They are absolutely the only good thing about Winter. Keep up the good sock production!
Best socks everBy: Leah on 16 July 2014My partner and I have four pairs of these between us which we wear non stop around the house all winter, they're just as warm as slippers but way more comfortable.